Catalog Vision and Mission
University Catalog Vision
The University Catalog is a gateway—an interactive tool—through which potential students and families as well as members of both the local and world communities gain an initial exposure to California State University, Chico. The online catalog serves as a recruiting tool where academic departments can provide empowering examples of:
- various successes by current undergraduate and graduate level students as well as program alumni;
- influential, student-run academic programming and events; and
- successful partnerships with the local, community organizations.
Alongside degree requirement information and explanations of facilities, the catalog also provides ALL of the courses offered by the department, department location and contact information, and lists of faculty members.
University Catalog Mission for 2016-2020
By providing authoritative information directly from the CSU system Chancellor’s Office (and other industry regulating institutions) on degree requirements; policies; rules & regulations; and expected conduct—as well as campus publication snippets highlighting the successes of academic department programs; current students; and graduates—users gain a more complete picture of Chico State and the resources for success that this beautiful campus offers. The University Catalog plans to accomplish several smaller goals to build a product that functions to meet the ideas and ideals set forth by the vision:
- Work with Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) to maintain compliance to Section 508 of the American Disabilities Act.
- Work with Creative Media and Technology (CMT) to create, manage, and maintain mobile catalog display that automatically formats to fit the screen/device.
- Annually, enter mandatory copy from the CSU Chancellor’s Office regarding changes to previous cost estimates, policies, and governing regulations.
- Use “new” content from the Office of Public Affairs' various publications (Chico Statements; Experience Excellence; and Inside Chico State) to create dynamic content for catalog homepage.
- Add additional content (articles, stories, updates) to academic department program page information in catalog (supplied by the college development officers).
- Work with Applications and Data Services (ADS) to create links on academic faculty pages to the Faculty Expert Database.