California State University, Chico engineering is a community that is dedicated to creating tomorrow's innovation leaders by providing a quality educational foundation enhanced by numerous hands-on opportunities.
We prepare students for successful professional careers in applied science, engineering, and technology. We educate students to be successful leaders and innovators capable of meeting complex challenges. We shape the college mission through our values:
- We teach, mentor, motivate, and challenge students;
- We foster rich learning environments;
- We advance scholarship and creativity;
- We encourage industry engagement and collaboration;
- We promote teamwork through projects and co-curricular activities;
- We value graduate education and life-long learning;
- We create a new generation of problem-solvers for a sustainable future.
The College of Engineering, Computer Science, and Construction Management curriculum provides a foundation in liberal arts as well as both technical breadth and specialization. Faculty foster a learning environment founded on frequent faculty-student interactions. Departments and programs engage students in several community service projects and other hands-on learning activities through the academic year. Student professional associations, which are homes to numerous competition teams, provide opportunities for personal growth and development beyond the classroom.