Total Units Required: 120
The Bachelor of Science in Concrete Industry Management is founded on a strong lower-division base of general education, math, science, and business courses. The upper-division courses allow students to develop the necessary technical knowledge in concrete materials and processes. At the same time, courses in logistics and information systems, finance, marketing, law, safety, quality, and project management prepare students to become effective leaders in the concrete industry.
Students who complete the CIMT program curriculum will also have fulfilled all the course requirements for the Minor in Business Administration.
Student success in this program is best described by the following attributes of its graduates:
- First and foremost, California State University, Chico concrete industry management graduates understand how concrete materials and products are produced, used, and tested.
- They understand organizational leadership imperatives.
- They apply mathematics and science to enhance analysis and decision making.
- They have a thorough understanding of contemporary concrete blending, mixing, transport, placement, and finishing processes, and they understand the fundamental behavior of materials and have experience testing material properties.
- They understand project, quality, and safety management methods and the impact of their application on the financial and economic aspects of concrete materials, products, and services.
- They use contemporary computer applications, information systems, and software packages.
- They effectively communicate their ideas in oral, written, and graphical form.
- They work effectively with other people and are independently resourceful.
- Are able to prioritize and complete multiple, time-constrained requirements effectively.
- They have developed an appreciation for the legal and ethical implications of their work and are aware of the impact of their actions on individuals, society, and the environment.